Spec Racer Ford
THE NEW SCCA ENTERPRISES GEN3 SPEC RACER FORD
NEW 1.6 L DOHC MOTOR
MINIMUM WEIGHT REDUCED BY OVER 100 POUNDS TO 1560 lbs
NEW IMPROVED FINAL DRIVE RATIO
TOP SPEEDS OVER 150 MPH AT DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY
AS SAFE AS IT EVER WAS!
AS COST EFFECTIVE AS IT EVER WAS!
MORE THRILLS THAN EVER!
THE NEW GEN3 1.6 DOUBLE OVERHEAD CAM MOTOR
REVVING TO 6800 RPM
POWERBAND FROM 4400 RPM TO 6800 RPM
20 MORE HORSEPOWER
ALL ALUMINUM (100 POUNDS LIGHTER)
IMPROVED TORQUE ACROSS ENTIRE POWERBAND
NEW PROPRIETRY ENGINE CONTROL UNIT
WHAT A TRANSFORMATION!
THE ORIGINAL GEN2 SPEC RACER FORD, STILL GOING STRONG AFTER 25 YEARS
(LEGAL IN SCCA THROUGH 2018)
|The Spec Racer Ford is an enclosed wheel, open cockpit, purpose built race car. Power is by a Ford 1.9 liter, hemispherical head, 4 cylinder engine. With over 800 cars delivered, the SRF enjoys being the largest class of road racing cars within the SCCA and the country. The car is raced by amateurs and pros alike at such venues as Laguna Seca, Sears Point, Road America, Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta, and many other tracks around the country.
Every Spec Racer Ford is a one design, fixed specification car. The very first cars are the same as the last car delivered. Engines and transmissions are sealed to prevent enhancements. With all Spec Racer Ford cars the same, a premium is put on driver ability and competition, not who spends the most money. The Spec Racer has put an end to the constant search for the next costly improvement.
The customer service representative (CSR) is your contact with the world of racing. A nation wide system of support and information. The CSRs are a group of independent businesses that specialize in the Spec Racer Ford. Each offers sales, rentals, parts and maintenance as well as guidance. Give them a call, they can get you started in racing.
Yes, the Spec Racer Ford is delivered in kit form. Everything except the battery and engine oil is included. You have everything else to put the car on the track, even the tires. If you put it together yourself, many do, expect to spend 80 to 100 hours. The CSRs will also assemble the Spec Racer Ford for you. They will charge $3,000 to $4,000, depending on fancy paint jobs, etc.
Don’t worry, not only can the CSR assemble the Spec Racer Ford for you, but they can maintain it , set it up, and even deliver it to the track for you. This is called arrive and drive. Other drivers like to do this work themselves. That’s fine, the CSR is still there with advice.
One of the best services the CSRs offer is their presence with parts at every SCCA event. With the Spec Racer Ford ( SRF ), you don’t have to go home early because you don’t have a needed part.
All race drivers must be licensed. To obtain a license, the following is required:
- You must be sixteen or older and a member of SCCA.
- To become an SCCA member and/or obtain a Novice Permit from the SCCA. Call (303) 694-7222 or write SCCA, 9033 East Easter Place, Englewood, CO 80112. The Membership Dept. and the Central Licensing Dept. are both there to answer questions and help.
- Attend two SCCA drivers schools. A typical school is one weekend. You will need a helmet, safety suit and car. This is where the CSR comes in. He will provide the equipment, be there with you, and can help with the paper work. After attending the two drivers schools and successfully finishing two Regional races, you may apply to the SCCA National office for your Regional License.
- After receiving your Regional License and completing four SCCA Regional races as a finisher, you may apply for a National License. Getting a National License means you’ve reached the pinnacle of the amateur road-racing mountain.
- With a National License, you may apply for an SCCA Pro License.
You may attend any drivers school in the country. The schools are usually attended by the one or two closest CSRs.
No. We can set you up with a Spec Racer Ford rental. This gives you a chance to find out if driving and this car is really for you, before that investment is made.
Visit the SCCA Enterprises website for more information about the Spec Racer Ford.